* The Fed announced there would be no policy rate hike in November. They did, however, signal a December hike is very likely.
* Markets have been rallying on the probable nomination of Jerome Powell as the next Fed Chair. Powell is expected to continue the trend of current Fed policies.
* The tax reform proposals issued by the House GOP have sparked a stock rally. A proposed cut to corporate taxes is expected to fuel the economy.
* Home prices hit a new all-time high in August, according to Case-Shiller. National home prices rose 6.1% annually, better than the 5.8% economists expected.
* Construction spending increased 2.0% year-over-year in September. Month-over-month spending fell for non-residential construction and was unchanged for residential construction.
* Despite tight inventory and rising home prices, the homeownership rate rose in the 3rd quarter. The 63.9% rate is the highest level since 2014.
Thank you to Peggy Fowler of Equity Resources Inc. 941-343-7893 for the above news points.